I suggest you ...

Add the ability to hover the mouse pointer to preview the cover

When sifting through the Master Pile, and checking which variants I own, it will be very useful to have the ability to hover the mouse pointer beside an icon in the comic book row, that shows a quick preview of the cover.
I experienced the difficulty of sifting through variant covers when I was posting Dark Knight 3: Master Race #1 books on my Master Pile. All of the numbering (1A all the way to BZ or something) didn't help because the line items don't feature the cover artist to distinguish from the other.
The cover preview icon that can be activated by hovering the mouse pointer over it, will be very useful and will save a lot of time when managing comic books.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff DumbriqueJeff Dumbrique shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sean HogartySean Hogarty commented  · 

This is definitely something I'm looking for - when adding comics (or editing in my Master Pile), all I have is issue number (e.g., 1a, 1b... 1z)... I have a lot of multiple versions of various issues (variants, printings, etc.), and invariably have to do what Jeff said - open up another window to individually check which comic is which... is 1b the virgin variant or the sketch variant? is 13c the 1:25 or the 1:10 variant? etc.

Having some sort of option to see either the cover or at least the descriptive text for the issue while adding comics to a collection would be a HUGE boost... a hover pop-over would be fine, but I'd love to actually have the option to show a thumbnail of the cover and/or the descriptive text for the issue/variant in the table while I'm adding/editing. This gets my vote!

• Jeff DumbriqueJeff Dumbrique commented  · 

Any update on your assessment of the idea? Please let me know how I can help articulate further. Thanks.

• Jeff DumbriqueJeff Dumbrique commented  · 

Thanks for the clarifying questions and your time.

When I navigate to this part is where it happens: My Realm >> Master Pile >> Click the + icon to expand 'Dark Knight III: The Master Race (2016) DC Comics'.

In here, I only have the 'Edit this item' option. If I wanted to cross-check the variant covers, I have to open a separate tab to search them individually. They are already in my Master Pile, so it'll be more efficient if there's a thumbnail icon that I can hover my mouse pointer to, and it'll show the cover image.

I have no issues when I've searched for them, but when they're already in my Master Pile, it's very difficult to determine which is which without utilizing another tab/page. It's moderately inefficient when I'm on the laptop/desktop, but It becomes very inefficient when I'm on my mobile.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Feedback and Knowledge Base